Enrollment for the 2023–2024 school year is open!
Education doesn’t have to be one-size-fits-all. Iowa’s K12-powered online public school provides a tuition-free* learning option for students in grades K–12 through a highly interactive curriculum, personalized learning, and engaging instruction from state-licensed teachers.
How does K12-powered online public school in Iowa work?
Like the brick-and-mortar model you’re probably familiar with, the K12-powered online public school in Iowa is tuition-free,* follows a traditional academic calendar, and has counselors and school staff on hand to help. However, because Iowa’s K12-powered virtual school classes are conveniently taken online, your student’s classroom is located wherever there’s an internet connection.
Understanding Iowa’s K12-Powered Online School
The curriculum offered by the K12-powered Iowa public school covers core subjects like math, English, history, science, world languages, and even music and art. Students in grades K–8 can take advantage of the Advanced Learner Program, while high school students can get ahead by taking honors courses and career-focused electives.
Your student’s Learning Coach—you or another responsible adult—will help your student stick to an academic schedule, record daily attendance, and communicate with teachers as needed. Daily coursework is done via computer through the Online School platform where students work on lessons and attend live, online classes. Day-to-day activities and lesson plans vary depending on your student’s grade level:
Students in grades K–5
Completemastery-based online lessons that include hands-on learning opportunities away from the computer. The Learning Coach provides support for about 4 to 6 hours per day.
Students in grades 6–8
Begin to monitor their own learning schedule as they become more independent. Their curriculum includes online and various levels of hands-on learning. The Learning Coach helps about 1 to 3 hours per day.
Students in grades 9–12
Take even greater responsibility for their learning. Students focus on postsecondary goals with support from counselors. The online curriculum includes various levels of core courses and a variety of career-focused electives. The Learning Coach spends about 1 to 3 hours per day working with the student.
Schools Available for Iowa Students
Reach your full potential with a high-quality school dedicated to providing an innovative educational environment for all students.
- Jump-start college by earning credits from Northeast Iowa Community College while still in high school.
- Succeed with flexible, individualized instruction tailored to your needs.
- Participate in local in-person sports and extracurricular activities if approved.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs..