K12-Powered Online Schools in Wisconsin are More Individualized
K12 powers online school options in Wisconsin that are positive alternatives to a one-size-fits-all education. By offering personalized learning that includes the familiar strengths of brick-and-mortar public schooling with the accessibility of virtual learning, we work to ignite a student’s love for learning.
WI Online Schools Vs. Traditional Public Schools
K12-powered online schools in Wisconsin are like traditional public schooling in the following ways:
- Tuition-free enrollment*
- Instruction and academic support from Wisconsin-licensed teachers
- A school year schedule similar to traditional schools throughout Wisconsin
- In-person social opportunities such as field trips
How does learning in a K12 powered online school environment work?
K12-powered online public school students in Wisconsin receive a personalized education experience that includes:
- K12’s high-quality, engaging online curriculum designed to inspire and challenge young minds
- Live, online classes with Wisconsin-licensed teachers
- Support from a Learning Coach, usually a parent or other responsible adult
- Social connections through a variety of online and in-person opportunities
How does a student’s learning experience change in different grade levels?
For grades K–5, the curriculum is mastery based, allowing students to discover the ways they learn best, and it includes hands-on learning opportunities away from the computer. The Learning Coach helps the student stay on track with their learning schedule and communicates with teachers via email and phone as needed.
As students transition to grades 6–8, they become more independent and learn to monitor their own schedule while still working with their Learning Coach for support. Curriculum for grades 6–8 includes online and various levels of hands-on learning.
In grades 9–12, students communicate with their teachers, manage their schedules with minimal Learning Coach support, and begin considering their postgraduation goals with counselors. The online high school curriculum includes various levels of core courses and a broad selection of electives.
Schools Available for Wisconsin Students
Reach your full potential with a school dedicated to inspiring and empowering students through an education experience tailored to their individual needs.
- Jump-start your future with AP® courses and the AVID college readiness program.
- Thrive with our Academic Excellence Scholarship program for qualified 12th graders
- Explore your interests with career and college prep beginning in 7th grade.
Get a jump-start on your career and college goals in a flexible, tailored program that combines core academics with industry-relevant, career-focused electives.
- Accelerate your learning with AP® and credit recovery courses.
- Achieve future success with internship and work-based learning opportunities.
- Thrive in our Academic Excellence Scholarship program for qualified 12th graders.
If you've struggled with school, we can help. Reach your full potential with a flexible experience tailored to meet the individual needs of at-risk students.
- Earn your diploma—graduation is guaranteed!
- Jump-start your future with career readiness courses and work experience opportunities.
- Learn at your own pace with an extended school year option.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.