Enrollment for the 2023–2024 school year is now open!
Discover Michigan Online School Options Powered by K12
Are you looking for something different from a one-size-fits-all education? K12-powered, tuition-free* online school options in Michigan give students the power to participate in a high-quality, individualized education experience wherever there’s an internet connection.
How does online public school in Michigan work?
The Learning Coach (usually the parent) is an important member of a student’s academic team, which also includes Michigan-certified teachers, counselors, and school staff. Learning Coaches help their students stay on schedule, record daily attendance, and communicate with teachers as needed. Daily coursework is done via computer through the Online School platform—where students work on lessons and attend live, online classes.
Online lessons are mastery based and include hands-on learning opportunities away from the computer. As the Learning Coach, you will spend about 4 to 6 hours per day working with your student on lessons.
As a student advances, they begin to monitor their own learning schedule, but you continue to offer support and record attendance and will spend about 1 to 3 hours per day working with your student. The curriculum includes online and various levels of hands-on learning.
At this level, students take greater responsibility for their schedule, communicate with teachers, and begin focusing on postsecondary goals with support from counselors. You will record attendance and spend about 1 to 3 hours per day working with your student. The online curriculum includes various levels of core courses and a broad selection of electives.
A Personalized Approach to Online Learning
K12-powered online schools in Michigan provide:
- A personalized learning plan to address each student’s strengths and weaknesses
- Michigan-certified teachers to guide progress and tailor their approach to student needs
- Engaging, interactive curriculum that enriches and inspires
- Field trips, extracurricular activities, and clubs that bring students together
Schools Available for Michigan Students
Make the most of your education with robust early college options and a supportive community tailored to meet your needs.
- Accelerate your learning with advanced learner and Gifted and Talented programs.
- Jump-start your college career—get up to 60 college credits while in high school.
- Earn your associate's degree while still in high school, tuition-free.
Reach your full potential with a high-quality, virtual public charter school dedicated to empowering students through personalized learning.
- Accelerate your learning with a robust suite of honors, AP®, and credit recovery courses.
- Get a head start on the future with dual enrollment with 10 local colleges and universities.
- Get involved with clubs and competitions, including high school e-sports.
Explore your future and discover areas of interest through in-depth, rigorous academics with a strong focus on career and college prep.
- Accelerate your future with 30+ honors and AP® courses.
- Gain greater flexibility based on student success.
- Jump-start your future with career prep and high school electives beginning in middle school.
Graduate on time and earn your diploma with a flexible, online high school and a supportive team of teachers and counselors focused on your success.
- Receive alternative education with flexible support structures based on your individual needs.
- Earn your diploma—graduation is guaranteed!
- Jump-start your future and earn industry certifications and college credits while still in high school.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.