Enrollment for the 2023–2024 school year is open!
A Personalized Education
Families looking for a personalized education will love K12-powered, tuition-free* online public schools in Ohio. From the flexible schedule to the graduation guarantee, K12-powered virtual schools are a great alternative to conventional education.
How do Ohio online schools work?
K12-powered online schools in Ohio begin with a quality curriculum taught by state-certified teachers. Students have the flexibility to attend class from anywhere there’s an internet connection.
Through both online and offline class activities, students receive a well-rounded education that includes various social opportunities. They receive personalized attention from their teachers and can tailor the pace of their lessons to their needs. All these aspects of Ohio online school help set up students for success.
Benefits of Ohio Online Schools
Students who attend online schools in Ohio benefit from a flexible pace and schedule, additional parental involvement, a strong online curriculum, and fewer distractions.
Some key benefits of K12-powered Ohio online schools include:
- Live online classes taught by Ohio-certified teachers
- Strong curriculum combining online and hands-on learning**
- Fewer distractions from peers and social pressures
- Interactive lessons, learning games, and videos
- Direct parental involvement as Learning Coaches
- Exciting extracurricular options, including unique, teacher-led online clubs
- In-person social events✝
K12-Powered Online Schools in Ohio
K12-powered online public schools in Ohio grow with your student as they advance through their educational journey. From kindergarten to high school, the personalized approach to learning ensures students progress toward their unique goals. Throughout their education, students will receive the support they need from teachers, counselors, and other school faculty.
Online Elementary Schools in Ohio
Young children learn through exploration, and K12-powered schools emphasize this for our youngest learners. Mastery-based lessons include hands-on learning both on and offline for a comprehensive experience. Learning Coaches can expect to spend 3 to 6 hours with their students.
Online Middle Schools in Ohio
Students become more independent learners in middle school as they develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Families love the one-to-one attention, hands-on activities, and social opportunities K12-powered middle schools provide. Learning Coaches typically spend 2 to 4 hours a day with their students.
Online High Schools in Ohio
In high school, students continue developing skills to prepare for college and the professional world. The learning experience is tailored to each student, allowing them to explore their own path with exciting electives, career prep, and more.✝ Learning Coaches typically spend less time with high school students, around 1 to 3 hours per day.
Awards and Recognition
K12 meets the highest standards of educational management, and has been recognized with awards and accolades for its curriculum, programming, and technology.
- Award-Winning Curriculum
- Research-Backed Curriculum
- State-Certified Teachers
Search for K12-Powered Online Schools in Ohio
K12 powers elementary, middle, and high schools throughout the state to offer a comprehensive online educational experience. Choose from tuition-free online public schools in Ohio, private academies, and individual courses.
Reach your full potential with personalized learning and an education experience tailored to your needs. As an Ohio Purple Heart and ASCA Program (RAMP) designated school, we are an excellent option for military families.
- Access our comprehensive suite of career and college prep, honors, and AP® courses.
- Jump-start college by earning credits in high school with the College Credit Plus Flex credit program.
- Stay on track and chart your course to graduation with our robust credit recovery courses.
If you've struggled with school, we can help. We are dedicated to inspiring and empowering students in grades 9–12, aged 16–21, by helping them recover credits and overcome obstacles, so they can successfully complete high school and prepare for careers and college. It has received the highest performance rating from the Ohio Department of Education.
- Earn your diploma—graduation is guaranteed!
- Jump-start your future with College Credit Plus and the option to earn an OhioMeansJobs-Readiness Seal.
- Achieve success with our state-approved program for students aged 22+ to earn a high school diploma.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
Yes, as a Cognia-accredited corporation, K12’s parent company, Stride, Inc., meets the highest standards of educational management. Additionally, many individual K12-powered schools are accredited by a variety of respected accreditation bodies.
K12-powered online public school in Ohio has the same time commitment as conventional brick-and-mortar schools, which average about 5 to 6 hours per day plus homework assignments. School days include live online classes, group activities, study sessions, and offline projects.
How to Enroll in Ohio Online School
With K12-powered online schools in Ohio, students receive an education tailored to their needs and interests, empowering them to set and achieve their goals now and in the future. If you have any questions before getting started, don’t hesitate to reach out.
*Families do not pay tuition for their students to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address technological and computer needs.
**Course materials vary by course and school. Please check with your school about offline course materials.
✝In-person opportunities vary by school.