Enrollment is now open to families that did not submit an enrollment lottery application. Seats are limited.
Learning Is Personal at a K12-Powered North Carolina Online School
Imagine offering your student a schooling option that delivers personalized, online education to your home with the benefits of a traditional brick-and-mortar school. Online public school in North Carolina powered by K12 does just that.
School that’s Similar but Different
The K12-powered online school in North Carolina is similar to traditional public school in a few key ways:
- Enrollment is tuition-free*
- High school graduates receive a diploma
- Students enjoy online and in-person social connections
- Online school follows the traditional school year calendar
What makes the K12-powered virtual public school in North Carolina different is K12’s interactive online curriculum for grades K through 12, which includes engaging lessons in core subjects as well as art, music, and world languages. Combined with one-to-one support from North Carolina-licensed teachers, your student will be on the way to becoming a self-motivated learner with the ability to solve problems and take ownership of their learning.
Public School with a Personalized Approach
At K12, we believe an individually tailored education experience can help students make the most of their potential. Our personalized approach begins with the Individualized Learning Plan, which identifies a student’s strengths and areas that need more support. For example, if a student excels at math, they may qualify to take courses at a higher grade level but stay at their normal grade level in other subjects.
What is learning like in the K12-powered online school in North Carolina?
Students attend live, online, teacher-led classes and work on daily coursework through the Online School platform. In grades K–5, the online curriculum includes supplemental hands-on learning materials. In grades 6–12, most learning is done online with fewer hands-on materials. Students begin to take more responsibility for their schedule and start focusing on postsecondary goals with support from counselors.
Throughout grades K–12, the Learning Coach (a parent or another responsible adult) offers daily support by:
- Helping the student stay on their learning schedule
- Recording attendance
- Communicating with teachers
Online Schools Available for North Carolina Students
Join a vibrant, tight-knit community of students, families, and educators dedicated to expanding educational choice through innovative, technology-rich instruction.
- Accelerate your learning with a robust suite of honors, AP®, and credit recovery courses.
- Jump-start your future with dual enrollment opportunities and community college partnerships.
- Get involved with student clubs and activities, including e-sports.
Reach your full potential with a program dedicated to supporting your individual needs, interests, and learning styles with blended online/in-person learning opportunities.
- Learn at your own pace with increased flexibility, especially conducive to student-athletes.
- Jump-start your future with career education and dual credit options
- Access available opportunity scholarships.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer questions and needs. Educational materials vary by school and course.