Is an online public school in Virginia like traditional schooling?
Similar to brick-and-mortar education options, K12-powered online schools in Virginia follow a traditional academic calendar. Classes are taught by state-certified teachers, and students receive support from counselors and faculty throughout their education.
Online schools in Virginia, however, can also provide an individually tailored education experience to each student, offering a personalized academic plan that outlines and addresses students’ unique strengths and weaknesses. K12-powered Virginia online schools provide an engaging curriculum that covers core subjects, exciting electives, and social opportunities.
Enrollment for the 2023–2024 school year is open!
You can choose an online public school in Virginia that’s tuition-free,* gives you the opportunity to take a more active role in your child’s education, and allows students to attend class from anywhere there’s an internet connection. K12-powered Virginia online schools offer these solutions for families looking for a flexible alternative to traditional brick-and-mortar schools.
Benefits of Virginia Online Schools
Some key benefits of K12-powered Virginia online schools include:
- Live online classes taught by Virginia-licensed teachers
- Strong curriculum combining online and hands-on learning**
- Fewer distractions from peers and social pressures
- Interactive lessons, learning games, and videos
- Direct parental involvement as Learning Coaches
- Exciting extracurricular options, including unique, teacher-led online clubs
- In-person social events✝︎
Students who attend online schools in Virginia benefit from a flexible class pace and schedule, additional parental involvement, a strong online curriculum, and fewer distractions.
K12-Powered Online Schools in Virginia
K12-powered online public schools in Virginia grow with your student as they advance through their educational journey. From kindergarten to high school, the personalized approach to learning ensures students progress toward their unique goals. Throughout their entire education, students will receive the support they need from teachers, counselors, and other school faculty.
Online Elementary Schools in Virginia
Young children learn through exploration, and K12-powered schools emphasize this for our youngest learners. Mastery-based lessons include hands-on learning both on and offline for a comprehensive experience. Learning Coaches can expect to spend 3 to 6 hours with their students.
Online Middle Schools in Virginia
Students become more independent learners in middle school as they develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Families love the one-to-one attention, hands-on activities, and social opportunities K12-powered middle schools provide. Learning Coaches typically spend 2 to 4 hours a day with their students.
Online High Schools in Virginia
In high school, students continue developing skills to prepare for college and the professional world. The learning experience is tailored to each student, allowing them to explore their own path with exciting electives, career prep, and more.✝ Learning Coaches typically spend less time with high school students, around 1 to 3 hours per day.
Awards and Recognition
K12 meets the highest standards of educational management and has been recognized with awards and accolades for its curriculum, programming, and technology.
Schools Available for Virginia Students
Reach your full potential with a balanced approach to education designed to provide support and a student-centered focus that meets the needs of unique and individual learners.
- Achieve success with our advanced learner program for highly performing students.
- Accelerate your learning with honors and AP® courses.
- Join our tight-knit community with field trips, extracurricular activities, community service, and clubs.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
Yes, as a Cognia-accredited corporation, K12’s parent company, Stride, Inc., meets the highest standards of educational management. Additionally, many individual K12-powered schools are accredited by a variety of respected accreditation bodies.
K12-powered online public school in Virginia has the same time commitment as conventional brick-and-mortar schools, which averages about 5 to 6 hours per day plus homework assignments. School days include live online classes, group activities, study sessions, and offline projects.
How to Enroll in Virginia Online School
With K12-powered online schools in Virginia, students receive an education tailored to their needs and interests, empowering them to set and achieve their goals now and in the future. If you have any questions before getting started, don’t hesitate to reach out.
*Families do not pay tuition for their students to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address technological and computer needs.
**Course materials vary by course and school. Please check with your school about offline course materials.
✝In-person opportunities and electives vary by school.