Enrollment for the 2023–2024 school year is open!
What do you want for your student’s schooling?
Did you know you have a choice beyond traditional brick-and-mortar schooling for your student? If you want a quality education option that’s tuition-free,* now is a good time to consider a K12-powered online school in Louisiana. And here’s why.
The benefits of public school right in your home
The Louisiana online public school powered by K12 is like the schooling you’re probably familiar with:
- It follows a traditional academic calendar.
- State-certified teachers provide instruction.
- Counselors and school staff are on hand to offer help.
- Qualified students graduate with a high school diploma.
All this is tuition-free,* just like a brick-and-mortar public school. But there’s more to our K12-powered online school in Louisiana.
The Advantages of a Personalized Program
K12 offers each student an individually tailored education that identifies their strengths and weaknesses and considers their own interests for a well-rounded learning experience. The personalized program at a K12-powered online school in Louisiana includes:
- Louisiana-certified teachers who guide progress and tailor teaching to your student’s needs.
- A highly interactive online curriculum that covers core subjects—math, English, history, and science—as well as art, music, world languages, and career-focused electives.
- Teacher-led online clubs and in-person field trips, extracurricular activities, and events.
What does learning look like at a K12-powered online school in Louisiana?
Day-to-day learning in a Louisiana virtual school is different depending on the grade level, but in general includes:
- Engaging, interactive online curriculum from K12.
- Live online classes with teachers and students.
- Support from the Learning Coach (a parent or other responsible adult) who plays an active role especially in the early grades, ensuring the student is on track with assignments and coursework, recording daily attendance, and communicating with teachers.
- Social opportunities to connect with peers.
Visit A Day in the Life to see what online learning is like at a K12-powered school.
A Day in the Life of Our Students
Why K12: Mia wanted an environment where she could focus on building her future. She’s earning certifications and developing skills for a career in healthcare.
Explore a Day in the Life of Mia
Why K12: Josh’s mom wanted her advanced students to be challenged academically. Now, Josh can work at his own, quicker pace through lessons and focus on his science experiments.
See Josh’s Day with His Sister
Online Schools Available for Louisiana Students
Reach your full potential with a high-quality, virtual public charter school dedicated to empowering students through personalized learning.
- Succeed with flexible, individualized instruction designed to meet your needs.
- Explore career possibilities beginning in middle school.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including industry certifications.
- Full-time, online public school with state certified teachers; Partnership with Southern University and its community
- In-person graduation at Southern University in Baton Rouge; Dual enrollment opportunities for 11th and 12th grades
- Active school community connects students and families across the state and promotes participation in a wide range of extracurricular activities
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.